Coastal Development that Preserves the Coastline
paper delivered by Bain Cross to the Coasts and Ports Australasian Conference in 2003.
- "Evaluating Plan Implementation: A Conformance-Based Methodology"
Laurian and Day et al. Journal of American Planning Association, 2004, Vol. 70 No. 4.
- "The Quality of District Plans and their Implementation"
Day and Backhurst et al. Paper for the joint New Zealand and Royal Australian Planning Institutes' Conference, Wellington 2002.
- "Determinants of Plan Implementation Quality"
Laurian and Day et al. (submitted to the Journal of Environment and Planning B, May 2003).
- "New Year's Resolutions for Best Practice"
Day et al. Planning Quarterly, Journal of the New Zealand Planning Institute (Jan, 2003).
- "Greenhouse Gas Footprinting in New Zealand"
Presentation of tools for educating people on climate change and practices to reduce emissions, NZAEE Conference, Hamilton, NZ 2002.
- "District Plan Implementation - Confessions of a Resource Consent"
Report to Government. Day, Backhurst and Ericksen et al. IGCI, Hamilton (April 2003).
- "Iwi Interests and the RMA: An evaluation of iwi and hapu participation in the resource consent processes of district councils"
March, 2003, Backhurst, Day, Warren, et al. Maori Working Paper No.2 (PUCM website) .
- "Monitoring Plan Effectiveness - a practical guide to evaluating policy implementation through the resource consent process"
Day, Backhurst et al. (April, 2005).
- "Climate Change: local government's achilles heel or golden apple?"
Planning Quarterly, Journal of the New Zealand Planning Institute (March 2005).
- Local Government Poster series, 2005:
'Making plans matter in the Districts and Regions';
'Improving Plan Implementation for Iwi and Hapu';
'Improving the implementation of plans'.
- "Karst - Information Kit for Environmental Management Decision Makers",
Contributing Author, Soil and Water Conservation Foundation, Cebu, Philippines (2005).